A great academy with a great story.
Kilcroney, the home of Dublin Oak Academy since 1994, has a long and distinguished history stretching back 8 centuries. Historical records show that the lands were taken from the Irishman Brian McAlexander Toole in 1668 by King Charles II as a punishment for his involvement in a local rebellion, and granted to Sir William Flower. During Cromwellian times public hangings took place on this site from tall trees that overhang the Dargle River that runs past the lands.
It is home to one of Ireland´s oldest churches, from which it takes its name. This church is one of Ireland´s national monuments. The castle served as a private residence under several owners until 1933 when it was transformed into Kilcroney Hotel.
After being bought by Sir Basil Goulding in 1951, it became known as Kilcroney Golf and Country Sports Club, the first country club in Ireland.
In 1955 it was taken over by the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God and it was used initially as a Juniorate school and place of retreat.
In 1993, Kilcroney passed into the hands of the Legionaries of Christ and became the new location of Dublin Oak Academy. Kilcroney has since undergone many renovations both inside and out.
Dublin Oak Academy had the longest and most ambitious trip of the yearRead More
For the third year in a row, Dublin Oak Academy's U16 Soccer Team is playing the FAI Leinster Final.Read More