Oak International endeavors to ensure applicants have all necessary information regarding registration conditions and procedures.
Compliance with admission requirements in a timely fashion will help secure a place at one of the academies. Those who submit their application after the deadline cannot be assured admittance. In the case of two simultaneous admission requests, preference will be given based on academic grades.
Important Note: Application does not imply the admission of the candidates. In fact, any application may be accepted or rejected by the Academy. We urge you to take this into account so that the students are not left without the corresponding registration in their current school. Parents should avoid clothing and equipment expenses, as well as airline tickets purchase until the official Academy acceptance is received.
Application & Registration Steps
- Internet Registration - The most relevant information about the applicant and his/her family are requested by Oak International’s representative, and are filled in the forms published for the applicant's registration.
- Application - Includes all documents required to complete the student’s file. The medical, psychological and academic profiles of the applicant are very important for an adequate evaluation. The “Clinic” section helps us in the hiring of properly trained staff and in the formation of groups. The parents’ consent form, the principal’s recommendation, and other forms allow us to complete the applicant’s profile.
- Sending the Application - The applications are sent each month to the Academies by the Oak International representatives, or they may be sent directly by the parents to the chosen Academy. It is important to stress applications must be complete, including the required documents, signatures and requested information. Parents are ultimately responsible for the information sent. Those who send the applications directly must authorize the Psychologist to send the reports by electronic mail or upload to the chosen Academy. This information is confidential and will be viewed by authorized staff only. Click here for the Psychological Evaluation Authorization Form.
- Official Admission Resolution - The Admission Board will ensure all accepted candidates have a similar profile, creating an ideal formative environment. For this reason, admission is limited to a selected group of students. Individual admission decisions are sent to the applicants by e-mail; parents are encouraged to check their e-mail account regularly.
- Payment of Guarantee Deposit - The guarantee deposit must be paid in advance to book the student’s place. The payment is exclusively for accepted students. The amount of this deposit is deducted from the first tuition payment according to the selected payment plan. The deposit guarantees the student a place in the Academy, and this payment is not refundable under any circumstances.
Official Admission Resolution (Admission Decision)
- Admission Confirmations - The Academies will inform the applicant’s parents directly about the acceptance or rejection of the student. Therefore, please ensure that all contact information on the application/registration forms is correct, especially e-mail address.
- Candidate Waiting List - The applications arriving after the application deadline are subject to a waiting period and will compete for available space in each level, depending on student cancellations or rejected cases.
After the acceptance letter, the family will receive through an Oak promoter or representative, the form required to apply for a student visa for the country of your choice (if applicable). This requirement is mandatory for the student’s admission. The student’s parents must initiate the process of obtaining the visa when required.
The Oak promoter or representative may advise you about this process.
Returns & Reimbursements
Under no circumstances will the guarantee deposit be reimbursed, since it covers a series of expenses administration work, courier services, information and communication expenses, and promoters’ stipends.