Spacious Dining Areas:
Overlooked by the Sugarloaf Mountain, Kilcroney House, now Dublin Oak Academy, is an extended neo-Tudor villa designed by Sancton Wood and built of Wicklow granite for the Provost of Trinity College, Dublin, Rev. Humphrey Lloyd, in the 1830´s. It served as a private residence under several owners until 1933 when it was transformed into Kilcroney Hotel.
After being bought by Sir Basil Goulding in 1951, it became known as Kilcroney Golf and Country Sports Club, the first country club in Ireland.
In 1955 it was taken over by the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God on whose own research this article is largely based. It was used initially as a Juniorate school. Later, it became a home for the elderly and was known as St. Joseph´s.
In 1993, Kilcroney passed into the hands of the Legionaries of Christ and became the new location of Dublin Oak Academy.
Dublin Oak Academy had the longest and most ambitious trip of the yearRead More
For the third year in a row, Dublin Oak Academy's U16 Soccer Team is playing the FAI Leinster Final.Read More